Friday 11 January 2013

The power of the Mantra



First off I would like to wish everyone a happy 2013.  I hope y’all had a great holiday. 

During mine I made a great discovery.  It all started with the HBO documentary about George Harrison.     

They were talking about spiritualism/mysticism and the time when the Beatles went to India.  Specifically I really started to get into the idea of a mantra.

I then took to the internet and found a really great site that talked about the power of the mantra and meditation.  For the longest time I’d been searching for something spiritual to ground me, especially when I get carried away with things and caught up in the minor details. 

According to George Harrison, in his book “I Me Mine”, and in a quote sited on this webpage:

 "A mantra is mystical energy encased in a sound structure and each mantra contains within its vibrations a certain power. But of all mantras, the maha-mantra (the Hare Krishna mantra) has been prescribed as the easiest and surest way for attaining God Realization in this present age."

The Hare Krishna Mantra consists of three words repeated over and over again.

                "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, HareHare    Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

According to this website, Whenever you chant this mantra, always keep its meaning in  mind. Chant this mantra with devotion and faith . While repeating his mantra request the God almighty to take away all your sorrows, pains and failures and give you joy and bliss. 

Before I tried this for the first time I was a little skeptical.  When I think of Hare Krishna, I think of all those bald people dancing around airports annoying the hell out of everyone.

To my surprise it worked.  I was helped along  by chanting to a recording made of this mantra during the 60’s, produced by George Harrison.

When I have a thought that persists and won’t leave me alone I now chant the mantra and it goes away.  The recording starts off very sadly, and I can just feel the pain and suffering through each word, repeated over and over again.  It starts off slowly and then gradually picks up momentum.  By the end, the pain and sadness has been replaced with joy. 
For further information check this out:

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/techniques/Hare_Krishna_Mantra.htm

to hear the recording check out this link:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMgEupff-E

peace,

rymr



No comments:

Post a Comment