Thursday 6 December 2012

Waffles for Dinner?

Am I crazy, or do waffles seem more like a breakfast food?  Does anyone else out there eat waffles for dinner?  I remember this one time in Bundang a friend of mine had one of her final dinners in the country at a waffle restaurant.  I guess I'm not the only picky eater out there.

I can't remember the last time I even ate breakfast.  For the life of me, I'm just not a morning person.  Even if I get ten hours sleep the night before I'm still tired in the morning.  I'm addicted to cat naps.

Time is a precious commodity to me in the morning.  When I was a teacher in Korea I had to be at work by 8:30.  I used to wake up at 8:20.

I would start my morning the night before with a shower, even though I didn't have a proper shower in my apartment.  All I had was a drain in the middle of a slightly sloped floor in my bathroom, along with a detachable shower head.

Sadly, a teacher who lived in Pyeongchon slipped, fell and died in the shower.  They found him after he didn't show up to work for a few days.

When I was a kid, waffles were a big treat.  My mom would get the waffle iron out and we'd have to cover the kitchen table with newspapers.

Happily, like other advanced technologies, waffle irons have come a long way in the last 30 years.

Good ol' Aunt Jemima was still there, "even if now she got a perm".

No milk to drink, but the water tasted fine.

The waffles were awesome.  The syrup was superb.

Bon appetite,

rymr


1 comment:

  1. Waffles are always a brilliant choice, good stuff! When I was in Europe they served waffles on the beach as a snack, now that is a real proper combo!

    ReplyDelete