Friday 26 April 2013

It was twenty years ago today...

Okay, well it wasn't exactly 20 years ago today, but it was twenty years ago in May of 1993 when I first saw Paul McCartney in concert.

I was only 16 then and still a student at Westwood Collegiate, which was a jock school at the time, and not the performing arts school it would become, when I saw a member of my favourite music group of all time perform.

The Beatles were the first music group I ever got into.  I grew up in the 80s.  The popular music was pure crap and I hated it.  I really can't understand all these people who look back to the music of this decade and think of it as 'classic'.  Most of it is classic crap as far as I'm concerned.  I didn't like it then, and I don't like it even more now.

The only good music to come out of the 80s was rap and hip hop.  Thank you KRS-One and BDP for that.

It was new year's eve the year I was in grade 6.  I was at home with my brother playing cards.  The movie "A Hard Day's Night" came on and I've been hooked on their music ever since.

I've always wanted to meet Mic Jagger just so I can get him to admit that the Rolling Stones are so incredibly inferior to the Beatles in almost every respect.

I'll take Lennon/McCartney over Jagger and Richards any day.

Name one good Rolling Stones' album?  You can't can you.  The Stones were a singles band and lacked the musical intelligence to produce an album on par with a Sgt. Pepper's, a White Album, or an Abbey Road.

One Beatle can tour and it is a big deal.  I think if Keith Richards or Mic Jagger were to come to Winnipeg on their own, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

One Beatle is more powerful than an entire Rolling Stones put together.

It's going to be the concert of the year and I'm really looking forward to it.

cheers,

rymr


No comments:

Post a Comment