Sunday 23 September 2012

Perogies Suck (Part 2)



(This was written just after I finished eating)

So I just finished eating perogies for the first time and I think I can sum up the experience in one word: YUK!!!  I’m really not liking the taste left in my mouth or the feeling in my stomach.  It was probably because of the cheese. (I do not like cheese)

At least I had a nice cold can of pepsi to wash it down with.   My mom says it would have been better if I had put butter on them.  (I don’t like butter, it’s too unhealthy.  I love salt though.  Put tons of that stuff on everything)

Here are the cold hard facts:

My mom made me six potato and cheese perogies.  I was able to eat four of them.  The first one actually didn’t taste all that bad, but by the fourth one I was finished/full.  I figured that I had eaten enough and it was okay for me to leave the table.  My mom was nice enough to eat the two remaining perogies.  I wonder if she put butter on them?

Not a big fan of the taste left in my mouth.  Wouldn’t mind washing it was with something more pleasant like a shot of tequila.  Don’t think I’m going to have perogies again, but if I am in a situation where someone has already cooked perogies specifically for me I’ll be able to have a few so as not to offend the person.  Should 

I survive the apocalypse or some sort of nuclear holocaust and perogies were the only food I could find, I would be able to eat them. 

As a meat and potatoes person, I clearly enjoy eating my fair share of potatoes.  I practically eat the once or twice a day, seven days a week.  The fact that I just had a meal where I ate a potato and did not enjoy it speaks volumes.   Sorry perogies, but YOU SUCK!!!

Stay tuned for later in the day when I will be blogging about trying pie for the first time.  Hopefully it will be better than the perogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment