Sunday 23 September 2012

Perogies Suck! (part 1)



It’s been a week and they haven’t deleted my blog yet.  I’m a little bit disappointed.  I guess it means I actually have to keep trying new foods.  Damn.

I kept putting it off a day at a time this week.  The original plan was to eat the perogies last Sunday but somehow I never got around to it.

Going in I figured the best way to do it was to go as quickly as possible and to try not to think about it. 

Preparations begin at 9 am.  My stomach is a little bit sore so I take a little medicine.  I do not eat.  If I can make myself hungry by not eating for a little while then the perogies will taste better.  If a person is hungry enough, anything can taste good.

9:57 – Final preparation.  By this time I am extremely hungry.  I think I’m ready.  Anything would taste good now.      

I get a call upstairs from my mom.  My perogies are ready.  I start to get nervous and think about bailing out.  I also start to feel a little bit like a modern day George Costanza, but with a little more hair. 

No more excuses, this is it.  Here I go.  I’m ready.  I’ve been planning to do this all week.  This is it, the moment of truth.  Zero hour.  I’m going to go eat some perogies, now, for the first time ever, in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment