Wednesday 27 March 2013

Spruce up your life!

For the past few months it has been my pleasure to work on a magazine project with three very smart, talented and friendly people.  Tomorrow the magazine project will be over after the magazine fair is held at Red River College.  Anyone in the Winnipeg area who has some free time on their hands can head down to the Princess Street campus to get a chance to interact with some pretty clever people.

Before it all ends I would like to take this time to pay a little homage to the team before we all split up and go our separate ways.

I'll start with Bethany Giroux.  Bethany is from the same home town as my mom is, Carman, Manitoba.  As my grandmother used to say, only the best people come from Carman.  Bethany did a very good job at living up to this incredibly high standard, and I am very proud to call her my friend.

If I can ever get my act together, it will be a pleasure to join Marney Blunt as a journalism major next year.  Marney is also a big fan of classic rock music, something I am very much into.  If anyone out there is also interested in this kind of music I recommend that they check out her blog.

I've worked with Eden Ramsey a lot during my first year at Red River.  Eden is incredibly talented at graphic design and I've learned so much from her during this term.  At the beginning of the year I used to stake out the computer lab just to make sure I could get the computer right next to hers.  Don't know how I could have gotten through Electronic Publishing as much as I have this term without her help.  Thanks again.

If anyone out there would like to meet any of these fine people (sorry, I'll be there too), come and join team Spruce at the magazine fair tomorrow.  You might just win a very nice prize, but you will definitely go away feeling at least a little bit better about your day.

cheers,

rymr

ps. thanks for all the hits in Russia.  go Evgeni Malkin! 


2 comments:

  1. Glad to help out Neil. Our dream team is going to Spruce up some lives today! :)

    ReplyDelete